Table of content
Mobile games are one of the top growing industries in the digital domain and continuously blooming.According to a report published by Mordor Intelligence on the mobile gaming market, the trends and growth forecasts from the year 2023-2028 are extraordinary.
Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing market for mobile games and North America is the top market in terms of market share. The overall market size for all regions around the globe in 2023 is valued at around $141.71 billion.
With a CAGR of 16.22%, the valuation is expected to reach up to $300.47 billion by 2028.Tencent, Zynga, Activision, Blizzard, and Nintendo have emerged to be some of the major players in the mobile gaming market.
It won’t be a surprise if we see more players soon joining the club. It’s a matter of quality mobile games once they get released to the market.
Mobile games once developed are to be assured of quality before and after they get served on millions of devices. Mobile game testing is kind of an iterative approach and correct testing tools are indispensable for the purpose.
QA professionals know that this task requires expert knowledge of game testing, smartphones, and most importantly - The Right Testing Tools. To make it easy for you, we have curated a list of mobile game testing tools that you must know while testing your mobile game.
Let’s go through some of the most important ones to test your mobile games better.
Table of Content
- Mobile Game Testing- Why is it Important?
- 6 Best Tools for Mobile Game Testing
- Accelerate Your Testing Process for Mobile Games with QAble
Mobile Game Testing - Why is it Important?
Mobile Game testing is essential to ensure the quality and reliability of a mobile game. Testing allows QA professionals and developers to identify and fix glitches to create a smooth and enjoyable gaming experience.
Various factors are at play when a mobile game runs on a device. These factors determine the success of a game. With so many different devices and operating systems, it is impossible for a game to run well without proper testing techniques.
Below are some of the factors that can make or break a mobile gameplay experience:
- Mobile Game UI/UX: Like any other software product, the way in which a game is presented to the users is very important. A game that looks and feels good creates a great impression on the gamers. Since there are too many buttons or controls displayed in a game, its important that they are laid out well and user-friendly.
- Compatibility of the Mobile Game: Mobile devices come in so many different configurations. It’s important that the game should installs and runs well on most devices without any bugs or issues.
- Performant Games: The optimization of mobile games must be correctly done for majority of devices. This helps in things like better memory usage and management. This also helps in low battery consumption so that gamers can enjoy for longer durations.
- Game Balancing: Game levels determine the progression of players. The game must be balanced well so that it is fair and engaging to play.
6 Best Tools for Mobile Game Testing
Companies providing game testing services rely on some very useful tools to test games. We are listing some of those tools that can elevate your testing skills to a new level. Let’s have a look.
#1 - Appium
Appium is an open-source UI automation tool. It is widely used for mobile game testing. Below are some of the benefits offered by Appium
- It helps to make sure that the functions of a mobile game is working as expected.
- It helps to create real-world like scenarios. These user scenarios try to mimic actual situations in the closest possible way with help of automation.
- It is available for a wide variety of software that also includes Android, iOS, and Tizen
#2 - Selenium
Let’s go through some points related to Selenium for game testing.
- QA professionals can execute tests directly within the game environment.
- Its integration with Appium helps testers to seamlessly interact with the game’s user interface, verify responses, and simulate touch gestures.
- Selenium when integrated with Appium, expands its capabilities to enhance mobile game testing.
#3 - TestComplete
TestComplete is an automated mobile game testing tool utilized by professionals. These are the following reasons why you must include them in your checklist.
- Game interaction becomes easier, and testers can perform rigorous tasks with ease.
- It provides robust recognition capabilities allowing easy identification and interaction with game elements.
- Leveraging TestComplete enables testers to expand test coverage and optimize their efforts to deliver high-quality mobile games.
#4 - Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs provides seamless integration with mobile testing frameworks including Selenium and Appium. These are the following reasons why you must include it in your checklist for mobile game testing tools.
- Its automated integration with a wide range of frameworks enables testers to execute automated tests effectively.
- Sauce Labs is known for providing real-time analytics with detailed performance metrics, video recordings, and snapshots of the test session to highlight errors.
- QA professionals can perform geo-location testing promoting them to evaluate how mobile games behave under different environments and time zones.
- Testers can seamlessly integrate with CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, and Jenkins, which promotes faster releases.
#5 - TestGrid
TestGrid is essential to enhance focus on performance and compatibility testing for mobile game testing. Let’s have a look at some of its aspects.
- Addressing unique mobile game testing challenges for specific apps becomes easier with TestGrid.
- Identify potential bottlenecks, get valuable insights and game performance, and real-time analytics details by integrating TestGrid.
- It offers a tailored approach for mobile game testing to provide a unique user experience and gain a competitive advantage.
- TestGrid’s comprehensive suite covers performance, compatibility, and functional testing approaches to deliver a polished game.
#6 - JIRA
Jira is technically a professional project tracking tool that can be utilized for mobile game testing. It is widely used to manage projects and also to perform documentation while manual testing of mobile games. Let’s have a brief look at them.
- Its features such as issue tracking, technical collaboration, and enhanced communication enhanced mobile game quality.
- Technical integration with testing tools and frameworks allows automated issue creation, test execution, and real-time updates to become possible for mobile game testing.
- Jira offers customized workflows that allow testing teams to tailor their issue-tracking process that align with the wide range of mobile gaming requirements.
Also Read: 7 Different Types of Game Testing Techniques
Accelerate Your Testing Process for Mobile Games with QAble
Competing in the mobile game testing market is not everyone’s cup of tea. But we can!As a leading software testing company in India, QAble is ready to take this challenge to boost your mobile game testing process and achieve remarkable success. We have listed some essential testing methods that you can follow apart from the checklist for mobile game testing tools.
- Compatibility Testing: The market is flooded with so many different devices. This is especially true while testing for Android devices. iOS device ecosystem must also be taken care of to ensure maximum device coverage. The games should be compatible with most devices.
- Load and Performance Testing: Different mobiles have different specs. The game must be smooth across both high-end and low-end devices. Optimizations must be correctly done to make sure of its performant on all devices.
- Security Testing: With so many competitive games in the mobile game market, it is important to detect and fix loopholes in games. These defects could lead to game-hacking or applying cheats.
- In-App Purchases: This also comes under security testing. Most mobile games offer some kind of in-game purchase options. This helps in generating revenues for the company. This feature has to be tested right to prevent potential fraudulent operations during gameplay.
Get in email@example.com
QAble provides you with top performing extended team. Let us know how we can help you.