Table of content
Table of Contents
- What is Mobile App Testing?
- How to do Mobile App Testing?
We all are living in an era of Mobile technology where everything is running on tips. Previously a period was there when computer systems were much in use for various online applications, and on contrarily, nowadays, technologies are mobile-driven.
Everything is just a click away because whatever you need is available on mobile. According to one survey, the world has downloaded approximately 200 billion in the last year only. Due to this reason, business owners are willing towards mobile applications to increase business growth.
The development of a mobile application takes place in 3 formats, and based on the requirement respective type of app development is chosen by the team.
These various types are:
- Native Platform: Native applications run only on one dedicated platform like Android, iPhone, Windows, etc.
- Mobile Web Platform: Web applications that open through the browser of mobile applications without any hitch in design. It works well within all devices.
- Hybrid Platform: Hybrid platform is a combination of Native and Mobile Web platforms.
An increasing number of downloads brings a bitter truth about the retention rate of the applications. The public retains only 32% of the app, and this is quite serious. If your app does not have the power to engage the customer base, this is of no use.
Glitches are the main reason as it makes users uncomfortable. Hence, they remove the apps instantly. Based on this fact, we are putting light on some strategies for mobile app testing.
What is Mobile App Testing?
Mobile App Testing is a process of ensuring the performance of an application. Also, during testing, all the focus revolve around the productivity and quality of the mobile application.
To maintain the same, the quality assurance team validates various factors such as the speed, response of clicks and load time, etc. Moreover, if the application can engage the user’s mind, the application becomes successful. With the right testing, one can achieve it.
Worth of Mobile App Testing
- Increases smoothness.
- Enhances performance and interactivity.
- Maintains speed and accuracy.
- Engages Users.
- Creates personalized user experience.
Aspects that should be in mind during Mobile App Testing
- Resolution and Visibility of Application.
- View of Interface at various Orientations i.e. Landscape and Portrait.
- Performance of Application on different mobile devices.
- Response of buttons placed in the application.
- Loading time of the application.
How to do Mobile App Testing?
Like every software, mobile application demands proper testing. Hence one should follow fundamental concepts prior to test any mobile application.
Hence if you are testing the app for the first time, make sure to follow the below-mentioned steps: –
At the very initial stage, after launch, the application goes for an A/B testing process in which the tester sends a call to the backend server. Here SDKs carry on the testing process.
- The reason behind integrating the SDKs is to avail of an interface through which the mobile app server and testing tool’s server could coordinate. SDKs keep the information about the traffic distribution, number of variations, number of goals, etc.
- Testers validate the performance of variations through the testing tool server. After analysis, they fetch the expected values to the mobile server. Any default value leads the app towards development in order to rectify the bug.
- Under this step, the creation of SDK’s instance takes place. As a result, it facilitates all types of capabilities such as enabling any features, tracking goals, etc.
- After completing the above steps, we are ready for tracking. It starts with sending data for tracking in coordination with the status of the dashboard of the application.
Stages of Mobile App Testing
Step 1: Documentation Testing:
This is the initial stage of testing in which the testing team prepares a document. The document has all the information along with screen flow, charts, etc. Moreover, this step becomes essential to maintain the consistency and performance of the application.
Step 2: Functional Testing:
During functional testing, the QA team tests the features and functionalities under all possible environments to meet the expectations. While executing functional testing, the team follows the screen flow and requirement document.
We test various aspects under functional testing like:-
- Testing of fields available in the app
- Business Functionalities Testing
- Running and Installation Process of App
- Network Interruptions testing
- App Update testing
Step 3: Usability Testing:
Under usability testing, the tester keeps the users’ comfort in mind. They make sure that the app should be user friendly. To achieve the same, they test the application from the perspective of a common man.
As not all users are smart enough to understand code, so, the app should be interactive in a common language.
Hence through the step, the QA team makes sure that everyone could use the app conveniently. Also, the focus of the testing method is on the efficiency and effectiveness of the app.
Step 4: UI/Interface Testing:
The interface or view is something that attracts users. If the design of the application is attractive, smooth, and engaging, it drives traffic automatically.
Hence, the QA team analyses the appearance of the screen, Images, Texts, etc. Also, they test the responsive behavior of the application at various resolutions.
Step 5: Compatibility Testing:
Compatibility Testing: Here testing team ensures the performance and response of the application across the various combinations of
- Operating System
Step 6: Security Testing:
To reduce the threats of server attacks or hacks, the team performs security testing. Also, the approach of testing revolves around denying unauthorized access, unwanted data capturing, etc.
Hence these are the concepts of Mobile App Testing. If any query comes to mind, please feel free to get in touch. We keep you updated with other related content. Stay connected!!!
Get in email@example.com
QAble provides you with top performing extended team. Let us know how we can help you.