Table of content
Table of Contents
- Appium Automation Testing is available for
We are very well aware of the worth of testing as it ensures the performance of an application. As we all know, the world is, dominated by technology, and testing is an integrated part of it.
Also, testing drives quality, sustenance, and reliability to the newly developed application. Furthermore, testing is the collection of various methodologies in which Appium Automation Testing is one.
We have analyzed the content to let you know the concept of automation testing. If you are willing to gather knowledge, stick to it. QA team performs Appium Automation Testing to validate the Mobile-based applications.
Through the tool, we can check all kinds of applications, independent of their type.
Appium Automation Testing is available for:
- Native Mobile Applications: The applications of dedicated platforms such as Windows, iOS, and Android.
- Mobile Web Applications: Web-based applications, accessible through mobile-based browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and many more.
- Hybrid Applications: The applications that work across all the platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, etc.
One of the most dynamic features of Appium is its support for multiple platforms. Being a cross-platform testing framework, you can test the application across various platforms. It saves time, cost, and effort.
If we relate Selenium with Appium, both are alike in terms of functionalities and responses because Selenium has generated Appium.
Let’s have a look at Architecture of Appium Automation Testing:
This design revolves around client/server architecture, and here Appium permits the testers to fire the tests using available WebDriver. Appium is an HTTP server written on Node.JS. The architectural approach of Appium consists of REST API (REST: Representational State Transfer).
The REST API has the following significance:
- Perceive connection from client-side.
- Listen to the given command.
- Execute the command on a mobile device.
- As an HTTP response for the client, it generates command execution status.
Appium is an open-source testing tool widely used for testing of Mobile Apps. It acts as a cross-platform automation testing framework.
Same as Selenium, Appium also uses JSON Wire Protocol in order to communicate with the application (Android and iOS) through Selenium’s WebDriver.
As a result, testers use the method at a wide range to test mobile applications. Also, the applications having a similar functionality on iOS and Android are easy to test.
It is because the QA team runs an identical script during testing. Furthermore, Appium is compatible with leading mobile-based browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
Appium has eliminated the use of Emulators by offering quick and accurate results. Previously, mobile application developers prefer to use Emulator to test an application, and the result was never satisfying.
The concept of Appium testing came into existence to troubleshoot the problem, and it offers multiple combinations of environments to ensure the smooth working of an application.
Working of Appium
The testing team prefers Appium to test mobile applications because it offers a direct interface. As a result, it helps in the compatibility testing of the application.
Furthermore, when we test an Android application, it uses UI Automator or Selendroid framework to automate the application. Apart from that, for iOS, Appium used Apple’s UI Automation API in order to communicate with iOS’s application.
Why does the QA Team prefer Appium Automation Testing Tool?
A tool that eases the process of testing by enhancing the performance of an application is always preferred. Now let’s have a look at some attractive features of Appium that have made it the most recognized testing tool:
- Appium is a server and runs in the background during testing of an application.
- Appium is an open-source and available free of cost testing tool.
- It supports all platforms such as Android, Windows, iOS, etc.
- In order to test an application, there is no requirement for installation.
- It offers quick results with maximum possible accuracy.
- Through Appium, testers are able to reuse the API at multiple platforms to test the applications. This process saves time and effort.
Appium offers flexible and reliable testing methods by ensuring the smooth performance of an application. Hence it is the most preferred testing tool for mobile applications by the industry.
If you need to ask any query, feel free to share. We will be more than happy to assist you. Keep browsing the page to know more about the QA process.
Get in firstname.lastname@example.org
QAble provides you with top performing extended team. Let us know how we can help you.