Table of content
Table of Contents
- What is JMeter?
- JMeter Vs. LoadRunner: Which is better?
Performance testing is required for response time, scalability, reliability, speed and use of resources and evaluation of applications and web services under their expected workload.
The software market currently has a variety of performance testing tools, so you need to find out the most reliable tool for performance testing.
One smart way to find out which tool is right for your business needs is to compare the features of JMeter and LoadRunner. In this article, we have discussed the main difference between JMeter and LoadRunner.
What is JMeter?
Apache Jmeter is a complete Java-based open-source program designed to load functional test behaviour and measure the performance of your application in response to stimuli generated.
This application was originally created to test web applications, but has since expanded into other testing functions.
Advantages of using JMeter
Here are the few advantages of using JMeter and this will help you understand the best open-source performance testing tool.
- JMeter is easy to install and free to use on any desktop with Windows, Mac or Linux.
- It offers an intuitive interface or can be easily used in the command-line interface.
- It can easily obtain data from any format in its system such as HTML, JSON, XML or text-based format.
- Geometer is ready to use plugins that can be used for visualization and data analysis.
- It facilitates test recording for native applications and browsers.
- You can easily integrate JMeter with plugins and third-party tools.
- It is extremely extensible and portable.
- JMeter has unlimited load generation capability and comes with an excellent support community.
Here we will get to know about the benefits of security testing in the Software Development Life Cycle, and if you are still not taking this seriously, you are making the biggest mistake.
The world is too competitive, and people are even smarter hence the technocrats must develop something that should be secure, innovative, creative, and engaging.
Drawbacks of JMeter
- The tool is not so easy to use, which means it needs skilled test analysts to work.
- It isn't easy to test complex applications such as CSRF or JS to replace requests with JMeter.
- JMeter uses a lot of memory in GUI mode, which causes it to show a lot of errors to a lot of users.
- It is less efficient than other paid testing equipment available in the market.
JMeter Vs. LoadRunner: Which is better?
Now, let’s find out which is the most reliable tool for performance testing for the job by comparing the below parameters.
Easy availability and operation
JMeter is an open-source application testing tool available for performance testing. Once you have downloaded Java, you can use JMeter to upload your code files and run your test, making it the best open-source performance testing tool.
Loadrunner on hand are paid and expensive. Execution of loadrunner can be complicated as it creates one thread for each user.
JMeter can generate unlimited loads for accurate load testing, while loadrunner can generate limited amounts of load for load testing, enabling it the fast tools for performance testing.
The results generated by JMeter are simple and easy to understand for less experienced test engineers. The loader makes hands-on reports that are raw and have to be analysed separately by engineers with the fast tools for performance testing.
JMeter has a large community and supports issues faced by users. Loadrunner has limited users, so its community is small.
JMeter can be used without knowing a single word about coding and scripting. LoadRunner, which, on the other hand, is a fast tool for performance testing is more complicated to tweak any element in its script.
Still, the Apache JMeter and the HP LoadRunner are two names that come to mind automatically when we talk about performance testing equipment.
Both of these tools work well by increasing their load to detect bugs and explore the limitations of software applications.
We hope this article will help you to find out the most reliable tool for performance testing.
Get in firstname.lastname@example.org
QAble provides you with top performing extended team. Let us know how we can help you.