Table of content
It can also be similar to the regression tests where you know if the new features haven't broken the previous codes. Therefore, it is one of the highly common processes to test websites and applications.
Table of Content
- Why Cypress?
- How to Use Cypress?
- Limitations of Cypress You Must Keep in Mind
In the past few years, lots of changes have occurred for the developers. Now, you need to write the code and programs for testing. So, every line contributes to the final features of the product. Upon that, 3-4 lines of code are written for testing the functionality.
Errors made by humans are evident. Some mistakes may not be important, while some of them can be disastrous. Hence, they are differentiated into catastrophic or trivial depending upon the consequences. To avoid that, it is crucial to follow a detailed and strategic testing process.
These are the following reasons that sum up the importance of software testing.
- Testing identifies the defects or errors
- Improve the system quality
- It helps in reducing the flaws in your system
- Furthermore, it increases the reliability of your software and increases its performance
End-to-End Testing Tool Features
Why is the E2E testing tool important? How can it be beneficial for your organization? To know that, understand its key features listed below.
- Simple Codebase- First of all, simple E2E testing tools having a simple codebase enhances the integration process. The developers can integrate a wide range of test libraries and frameworks for effective testing.
- Cross-Platform Testing- Secondly, one of the unique features is that you can easily run tests on different devices and platforms.
- Playback Feature- E2E testing tool also has a feature to capture images. Also, you can record your tests and play them later to identify any errors.
- Codeless Execution of Tests- Have no experience in coding? Still, you can easily work with these tools. There will be no problem in writing, running, and maintaining the tests.
There are a variety of End-to-End testing tools comprising these above features. Know your goals and objectives clearly to choose the best one.
The demand for automated testing tools is rising with software development. Now, it has become easier to use the best one for testing to produce a flawless product. However, with their huge availability it can be tough to decide which will suit the best. Here is a list of some popular tools for performance testing which you can use.
- SmartBear- UI tool which you can use for automated tests on several systems.
- Autify- It is cross-platform testing used among different operating systems and devices.
- Cypress- It is an amazing tool used for front-end testing.
- QA Wolf- E2E testing tool to achieve quality assurance.
- BugBug- Browser testing tool used by Agile teams.
Hence, all the above tools can help you conduct seamless complete testing for your QA team. If you are working with test-driven deployment, then you must know about Cypress.
Let’s discuss and understand how Cypress is gradually emerging as an integral part of performance testing.
If you want a modern approach to the testing framework, then you must try working with Cypress. It has a simple setup and easily runs in your browser. Using this will be a great idea as it has several features to modify the network connection and responses.
- It empowers developers with test-driven development with E2E testing.
- You don't need to add the wait commands in test scripts, unlike Selenium.
- Cypress automation was created for the modern web, especially by front-end developers.
- Previously, it only supported chrome testing, now you can use it for Edge and Firefox.
How to Use Cypress?
You need to know that end-to-end testing is slow. But, following the right process can help you improve everything. These are the following steps that can help you understand cypress testing.
- Add a file for the Test- Install and open Cypress and start your testing journey.
- Write the Test- Secondly, the next step is to write the test, then update it and Cypress will reload in real-time.
- Use Commands- So, commands are the instructions that Cypress does for interacting with the website. Now, add relevant commands like "visit," "get," etc.
- Interact with the Elements- Cypress also has a unique feature where you can find the elements known as “Selector Playground.” You can easily discover various unique selectors for a component.
- Using Assertions- Assertions in the Cypress are based on Sinon-Chai and Chai, which you can notice in its syntax.
As of now, you know that Cypress is one of the modern testing tools. But, why is it better than other E2E testing methods? Let’s dig into it.
They always have a neutral approach to testing your software and delivering fruitful results. Hence, they can easily design the testing framework, run the tests and create a detailed report that delivers a flawless user experience.
#1- Amazing Debugging Quality
One of the reasons why Cypress is best for end-to-end testing is its debugging capability. Its test runner can jump to any particular state through snapshots.
As a result, you directly detect the error instead of going through all the steps from the start. Furthermore, you get access to the DevTools for a better experience.
#2- Improves Ways to Wait for the Actions
Moving on, Cypress comes with significant waiting. However, you don't need to do the checking. You can do the test to wait for API and animation responses. Its automatic waiting feature always waits for the assertions and commands before proceeding.
Therefore, you get the same functionality for unit testing.Reasons why Cypress is better than others, are summed up in the below points.
- You can debug easily through Cypress.
- It has an automatic system for finalizing an action.
- Developers and QAs can easily verify and control a wide range of functions at a time.
Limitations of Cypress You Must Keep in Mind
Apart from its advantages, there are several pitfalls of Cypress. Here are some of them listed below that you must be aware of.
#1- Slow and Tedious
#2- Tough Maintenance Process
Secondly, the end-to-end testing process has a tough maintenance requirement. They are expensive, error-prone as well as expensive due to the long debugging process. It can be a great obstacle when using cypress.
#3- Problems in Running Multiple Tabs
Cypress also can't run several tabs at the same time. Due to this, changing settings and checking updates can become complicated. Using 3rd party apps or providers can make things even more complicated. Difficulty you may face while working with Cypress
- You can face problems while running multiple tabs.
- Thirdly, working with Cypress can take a huge time due to its lengthy process.
Get in firstname.lastname@example.org
QAble provides you with top performing extended team. Let us know how we can help you.