Table of content
Table of Contents
- AR vs VR:
- What is AR?
- What is VR?
- Difference between AR and VR
AR vs VR:
Before heading towards the difference, let’s understand the concept of each of the given terms, and we will analyze the difference between them.
What is AR?
AR (Augmented Reality) as, the name specifies, uses the information in real-time. The information can be in the form of Audio, Video, Text, etc. Under the concept of AR, we achieve all the virtual enhancements with the association of real-time objects, and there is no cut-off with the real world.
You can also understand the concept of Augmented Reality as the rendering of digital data in real-time objects.
How AR relates to the real world?
The concept of AR is very well-known across the globe. There are various advantages of it in which one is from online shopping. Through AR, consumers will be able to experience the complete feel of a product without having it physically.
All the buyers will be able to visualize the product by checking through multiple orientations. It gives them satisfaction and saves costs along with time.
With the immense growth of technology, the concept of AR is also growing. In this series, Apple launched ARKit in the year 2017, and Google ARCore to create AR applications of respective platforms. AR applications are being used in the health care sector and making an effective contribution.
Use of AR in real life:
- To superimpose a route on the live appearance of the road, the concept of Augmented Reality plays an important role. Enhanced Navigation Systems are the source of it.
- Nowadays, online games are incomplete without the implementation of Augmented Reality. For example, Football, the concept, is used to draw lines and keep an analysis of the game.
- Furniture can be, visualized at home, before purchasing with the help of the AR app offered by IKEA and the name of the app is IKEA Place.
- The concept of AR is used during Neuro-Surgery to identify the brain lines.
- AR has its presence in the sector of Retail, Advertising, Navigation, Repairs, and Maintenance.
What is VR?
VR (Virtual Reality) prohibits interaction with the real world. There is no interaction with the physical world in VR-driven concepts. It gives you a feel of a hypothetical place.
The application of Virtual Reality creates an illusion of being somewhere else that you can experience through many VR Devices like Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, HTC Vive, etc.
How VR Works
The concept of VR is simple, and it gives an experience of 3D graphics or 360-degree Videos. One can experience it through mobile phones or computer systems. Furthermore, you can have a feel of VR through Headsets and Goggles.
Nowadays, there are so many devices that create a 3D environment that creates a different environment from the real world. The concept of Virtual Reality revolves around the motion of the head. The view is adjusted based on the vision of users. Its primary focus is to maintain consistency from all viewpoints.
Where do we use VR in the real world?
- Developers use the concept of VR during Gaming applications.
- 3D Movies, a place where we get the feel of being in a 3D environment is through the goggles, a VR application.
- VR learning system is acquiring the education world.
- VR is making an effective contribution is real estate, Healthcare, Marketing, and Travel industries.
Difference between AR and VR
- The concept of AR is based on the real-world, whereas VR cuts contact with the physical world. VR replaces the real world and offers a new hypothetical environment.
- Augmented Reality adds a digital element to the real world like the Camera of a Smartphone, while VR takes the user to the 3D graphics or 360-degree video zone. VR separates the user from the real objects.
AR and VR work of opposite approaches but, as per the experts, both the technologies will grow by the coming time and make an effective contribution in their respective fields of technology.
If you have any queries regarding the AR & VR App Testing, feel free to get in touch. We will be more than happy to serve you. We will continue to add new topics to spread awareness hence, stick to us and keep browsing the page.
Get in email@example.com
QAble provides you with top performing extended team. Let us know how we can help you.