Table of content
Table of Contents
- Having Clarity of ERP Basics
With the growing demand for ERP tools, the need for testing professionals has also increased quite significantly. ERP execution projects expend more than fifty percent on testing and concerned functionalities.
Beginners in the ERP arena should keep in mind that ERP is not only software but also a business solution. The first thing that they need to ensure is that the concerned tool effectively automates the business process and maintains workflow.
Having Clarity of ERP Basics
ERP is the abbreviated term for Enterprise Resource Planning. In simple words, when an enterprise goes for effective planning of boosting productivity and efficacy upon strategic implementation of resources, then it is termed as the ERP. Here the resources primarily include team, machinery, strategy, and material.
Any ERP tool you think of is developed, taking the above aspects in mind. In the present era, companies must have an ERP tool following their business needs.
Some departments use the software in Oracle, whereas the others those in Microsoft. Software developed by IBM is quite popular among the warehouse departments. It’s not just the technology; the software also differs in terms of databases. All these aspects are taken into account while doing testing.
One important thing that you should ensure while doing ERP testing is the data transaction. Availability of data is equally quite important for flawless testing. When data of one department doesn’t remain available for the other is obvious to affect the testing process.
It is the reason for which enterprises have centralized database systems. Smooth access to data at the managerial level is quite essential. It is where we get to know the effectiveness of ERP software. Also, the team should ensure the security of data during multiple accesses from various departments.
Strategizing and Building A Team for Execution of ERP Testing
In many cases, the ERP implementation doesn’t become successful due to faulty testing strategies. A testing professional first needs to have a thorough knowledge of the ERP systems.
In this context, ERP testing service providers categorize testing teams into following two types:
Core Team of Testing
This team remains responsible for the testing of the primary ERP software.
Testing Team for Implementation
This team remains associated with implementation for testing both the core and customized functionalities. Testing teams need to have proper hilt over every change and the concerned effect for the entire execution. As a result, it drives smooth implementation of the software.
Automation of ERP Testing
In general, ERP companies have a devoted team for testing their ERP systems. Also, to get an accurate result, testing of ERP solutions becomes mandatory. Furthermore, it is also essential to establish an automated framework along with suitable infrastructure for testing.
As a service provider, we emphasize automated ERP testing as manual testing consumes adequate time. Also, through automated testing, we get assurance on accurate output. Furthermore, the testing of each element is mandatory because correct ERP implementation depends on them.
Preparing A Thorough Plan of Action
The testing professionals need to have a proper plan before execution. Also, things get even strategic with the checklist for testing. It is here to note that the efforts for testing are usually equivalent to the development.
Hence, we advise the testing teams to establish a plan for minimizing the effort. It enhances overall productivity.
Preparing A Thorough Road-Map
It is highly essential for the testing professionals to have proper road-map prior to execution. Things get even strategic upon having a proper checklist for testing. It is here to note that the efforts needed for testing are often equivalent as of the development.
Hence, the testing teams are advised to establish a strong platform and roadmap for minimizing the effort. This can enhance overall productivity.
Check List For ERP Testing
One should follow these Checklists for the Desired Outcome of ERP testing:
- Firstly you should work on the identification of the testing scope. Also, ensure whether the testing is for the core product or final implementation project.
- There should be proper clarity on testing for preparing an effective plan, conducting the tests, preparing testing suites, and making the complete report ready. In concurrence, the testing team should verify the status of earlier testing strategies for the application.
- A tester needs to figure out the business methods that they should test. Also, bifurcate the modules that need automated testing essentially. They should also analyze the available framework for manual testing and automation, ensuring everything will execute strategically.
- Testers must ensure that they have configured the desired automated testing tool effectively. Along with this, they should test the framework, ensuring flawless execution.
- Testing professionals must do a thorough analysis of automation test scripts for the entire business, taking case scenarios into account and ensuring these are thoroughly reviewed and acknowledged.
- There should be a detailed testing framework established for keeping the test scripts in mind. Also, you will be able to use it again through the process of automation.
- It is essential to prepare explicit strategies for automating the modules that you cannot test. Also, keep a note of those that consume comparatively more time.
- Testers must have the clarity of modes of the data collection process for inputs and outputs. Also, they must check the status of domain experts for the analysis of the data generated.
All said and done. Now before searching into ERP testing, the testing professionals need to have clarity on processes and methods. Also, the aspects that make things challenging. Once all these are ready, testing professionals must have the road-map and set-up a team to execute the process.
Get in email@example.com
QAble provides you with top performing extended team. Let us know how we can help you.