The craze towards the use of the mobile application is continuously increasing, and the world is completely inclined towards it. There is a massive growth of 58% of mobile application users.
Approximately 4.6 billion are using mobile applications across the globe. The number of users is getting increased with each passing day.
Hence, business owners are giving preference to the concept of mobile application development. We are mentioning the checklist for Mobile app testing that must be in mind before launching the application in the public domain.
Innovative and engaging mobile application takes the businesses to the new heights, but if an app does not have appeal, people do not prefer it.
In this competitive world, you must be smart enough to get the maximum client’s reach.
We have realized most applications are rejected due to the bugs so, let’s have a quick view over the checklist that must be verified during testing of any mobile application. The mentioned checklist will help the quality assurance team, even if they have allotted a short time for testing.
Before going to the checklist, keep the below-mentioned strategies in mind because the whole process of testing will revolve around these basic concepts of testing.
- Performance Testing
- Interface/UI Testing
- Security Testing
- Functional Testing
- Compatibility Testing
Checklist for Mobile App Testing
These checklists will make the mobile application a perfect released product. If the quality assurance team follows the tips, the chance of bugs gets reduced by 99.9%. Applications are launched, with an intent to impress the world. The mentioned checklist is going to help in that for sure.
To ensure the comfort of the end-user, perform a usability test first.
- The application should have a proper business name and logo.
- Interaction and appeal of the application must follow the set pattern.
- The responsiveness must be tested at various resolutions and mobile devices.
- Navigation should properly work from one screen to another.
- Texts, Images, and other media files should be clearly visible to the end-user.
Performance testing of mobile application:
- While testing the performance of a mobile application, calculate the time taken by the application to get launched. Too much loading time influences the performance of the mobile application.
- Test the performance of the splash screen while loading. It must not take more than 3-4 seconds.
- The application must be tested, in an environment of low battery and while being on charging mode.
- Make sure to analyse the performance of the application at No Network or No Internet zone. The error message should be reflected properly.
- The application must be tested after getting resumed from the Network coverage issue. Sometimes, actions of application get disturbed hence, one should definitely check the scenario.
Accessibility Testing of Mobile Application
- The quality assurance team should check out the visibility of the screen. Screen reader testing should always be in the mind of the tester at this stage
- Test the colour combination used in the application as it should not pinch the eyes of a user.
- Ensure the smooth working of the Zoom-In and Zoom-Out feature.
- Accurate working of buttons and other navigation options.
Security Testing of Mobile Application
- If the application has a payment gateway or data management option, its security testing should be performed in a full-fledged way.
- Ensure the security of payment information put by the users.
- Performance of network while being in the activity of payment section.
- Reporting of errors and breach in the security, of the mobile application.
- The authenticity of the users and the application’s permission.
- The response of application if the network issue comes when the payment process is active.
- If the application is using Device ID as an identifier.
- Maximum number of login attempts.
Functional Testing of Mobile Application
- Debug the errors of application at the time of registration including, captcha.
- Test the script’s response.
- Validation of the application must be tested under various environments.
- The response of application towards the action of the user.
- Exception handling testing.
- The tester should always cross-check the response of APIs used in the application along with the Third-party.
Testing of applications at various scenarios
There are many situations in which apps do not respond. While testing, a tester must check the response of application at these unavoidable conditions.
Hence always test a mobile application’s performance when:
- A call comes
- A text message receives
- Notification of any other application flashes
- When the device has low storage space
- The phone gets switched off instantly
- Phone at Sleep mode or Airplane mode
- At intermittent activity
Benefits of the checklists
- Maintains the performance of the application
- A quality product is served to the audiences
- Enhanced users’ engagement
- Increases sales and revenue
- Improvises reputation of the organization
The above checklists are made for the smooth and accurate testing of the application. Sometimes a silly mistake gets converted into a blunder one. Hence the quality assurance team should always be on their toes and cross-check the application by keeping in mind the mentioned checklist. These checklists are focused on the performance of a mobile application.
Make your application bug free and let the world know your vulnerable application. We always give priority to increase the awareness amongst users and technocrats about the testing processes and its worth.
Testing is the integrated part of the development and ignoring it will lead the application towards the worst. So always give priority to the quality of the application, and it is only possible with sound testing. We will add some more exciting concepts about the process, till then stay in the loop. Never compromise with quality. Thank you for your time, and feel free to get in touch if any query comes.